The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Electoral Committee 2020 is pleased to announce the schedule of elections into the National, State and Local government Ohanaeze Ndigbo branches as follows: –
2) Election into State offices are scheduled for Friday, 8th January 2021 in all the States of the South East, Rivers and Delta.
3) For the National 0ffices, the election will hold on Sunday, 10th January, 2021 at Owerri.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ELECTION
1)Every Igbo adult, male or female is eligible to contest.
2) No candidate is allowed to run for two consecutive terms in the same office in the same State or National Executive Committees.
3)All the offices are to be contested for. It is to be assumed that all contestants must have completed and submitted approved nomination forms and have been cleared by the Screening Sub-committee before the elections.
4)The nomination Forms for the elections can be obtained, filled, and returned to the Electoral Officers in the respective Ohanaeze States. For the National elections, all contestants should pick the forms from the National Secretariat at No 7 Park Avenue, GRA Enugu, fill and return them 48 hours before the election day to the same office.
1) All eligible groups shall submit list of their delegates for screening 48 hours before the commencement of elections.
2) Other necessary information regarding delegates from all groups shall be released as soon as the Electoral Committee resolves on them.
Please watch out for further publications.
Chief Gary Enwo-Igariwey
Chairman Electoral Committee.
30th December, 2020